FlightGear Flight Simulator offers you a sophisticated, dynamic and realistic flight simulator experience with a high degree of freedom. It brings you realistic and accurate airports from all over the world. Whether you fly by day or night you will be amazed at the depth and realism this flight simulator has to offer.
* Real world airports
* Correct runway markings, placement and approach lighting
* Taxiways available including the green center line lights
* Real life sloping runways
* Directional airport lighting that smoothly changes intensity as your relative view direction changes
* Scenery night lighting with ground lighting concentrated in urban areas (based on real maps)
* Visible headlights on major highways
* Realistic night FR flying with the ability to spot towns, cities and follow roads
Accurate and Detailed Sky Model
* Extremely accurate time of day modeling
* Correctly placed sun, moon, stars, and planets for the specific time and date; they all follow their correct course through the sky.
* Your current computer clock time tracking
* Correctly takes into account seasonal effects
Flexible Aircraft Modelling System
* Ability to model a wide variety of aircraft; fly the 1903 Wright Flyer, strange wing Ornithopters, large commercial aircraft, various military jets and light aircraft
* Extremely smooth and fluid instrument animation that updates at the same rate as your out-the-window view updates
* Realistically models real world instrument behavior. Instruments that lag in real life, lag correctly in FlightGear X
* Gyro drift is modeled correctly; the magnetic compass is subject to aircraft body forces including all those things that make real world flying a challenge.
* Accurately models many instrument and system failures. If the vacuum system fails, the HSI gyros spin down slowly with a corresponding degradation in response as well as a slowly increasing bias/error.
* Communicate with other instances of FlightGear, GPS receivers, external flight dynamics modules, external autopilot or control modules
* A generic input/output option allows for a user defined output protocol to a file, serial port or network client
* A multi player protocol is available for using FlightGear on a local network in a multi aircraft environment, for example to practice formation flight or for tower simulation purposes
* The powerful network options make it possible to synchronize several instances of FlightGear allowing for a multi-display, or even a cave environment. If all instances are running at the same frame rate consistently, it is possible to get extremely good and tight synchronization between displays
Windows and MacOS Compatible:
* Windows XP
* Windows Vista
* Windows 7
* Windows 8
* Windows 8.1
* Windows 10
This software is compatible with all Intel based Mac computers from MacOS 10.6 Snow Leopard to the latest new release.
*Please note FlightGear requires a video card with 3D acceleration that supports OpenGL. You need to use a computer that is suitable for 3D gaming.
- 3 EXE, 1 PDF and 1 DMG